Recipe by Clara12
Awesome and great for a romantic evening - even for beginner cooks. So light the candles and set the table until the oven does the cooking for you.
Top Review by Lorac
This recipe has an 8 star potential, but lacks the specific information to make it a success. My review is based on the choices I made for cooking 1/2 the recipe. I bought 1" thick fillets and 1 pound of fresh baby spinach. I chose Swiss Ementhal cheese, 1/2 cup white wine, 1/2 cup cream and 1 tsp of dried basil. The sauce was devine and the fish a tad over done. I expected the spinach to serve as a bed for the salmon but even with using fresh and doubling the amount it got lost in the sauce. I will make this again, checking the salmon after 30 mins. and serving it on a bed of fresh cooked spinach.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs salmon
- 1⁄2 lb spinach leaves, frozen (but thawed)
- 14 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces cheese, grated
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2-1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Spread thawed spinach in baking dish.
- Season salmon with salt& pepper.
- Place salmon on spinach.
- Mix cream cheese, heavy cream, white wine and basil to get a creamy mass.
- Consistency is your choice.
- Pour mass over salmon.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40- 45 minutes.
- Serve with rice or baguette.