1/1 Photo of Salmon & Spinach Casserole
Found this recipe on a Canadian Gold Seal Seafoods site. Haven't tried it yet!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- salt and pepper
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can salmon, drained
- 1Remove stems from spinach.
- 2Cook spinach in boiling water 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3Drain,chop coarsely and spread over bottom of 8" shallow baking dish.
- 4In small skillet, melt 1 Tsp butter.
- 5Add mushrooms and cook, over medium heat, stirring often until lightly browned.
- 6Spread over spinach.
- 7In small saucepan melt 2 Tbsp butter.
- 8Stir in flour and cook, stirring over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- 9Add milk and whisk until mixture simmers and is smooth and thickened.
- 10Stir in green onion and S& P to taste.
- 11Flake drained salmon, then spoon over mushrooms.
- 12Combine breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley; sprinkle over top.
- 13Bake in 400oF oven for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 14Brown top under broiler for 2 minutes if necessary.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon & Spinach Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.3
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 283.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 24.0 g