Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Found this recipe on a Canadian Gold Seal Seafoods site. Haven't tried it yet!
Make and share this Salmon & Spinach Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- salt and pepper
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Remove stems from spinach.
- Cook spinach in boiling water 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain,chop coarsely and spread over bottom of 8" shallow baking dish.
- In small skillet, melt 1 Tsp butter.
- Add mushrooms and cook, over medium heat, stirring often until lightly browned.
- Spread over spinach.
- In small saucepan melt 2 Tbsp butter.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- Add milk and whisk until mixture simmers and is smooth and thickened.
- Stir in green onion and S& P to taste.
- Flake drained salmon, then spoon over mushrooms.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley; sprinkle over top.
- Bake in 400oF oven for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Brown top under broiler for 2 minutes if necessary.
ThiI thought this was terrific and my husband loved it as well. It's easy to prepare and has simple flavors, but it's really good (and healthy). Next time I would saute the spinach stems along with the mushrooms but that's a tiny change. Thanks so much for a recipe I'll prepare again.
We really enjoyed this casserole, I had some leftover steamed fresh salmon and a cup of white sauce with added chopped boiled eggs (my DH's favourite way to eat salmon!!) and used this to make the dish. An easy, delicious dinner!