Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from my grandparents, who got it from Good Housekeeping magazine. I have not yet tried it, but we have a freezer full of salmon, so I plan to try it soon!
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) packagefully cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt, plain
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- Place spinach in a glass pie plate along with 3 tablespoons water; cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH power 3 minutes; uncover and drain carefully.
- Coat a 1-1/2 quart backing dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the contents of the rice packet, spinach and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the yogurt, egg substitute, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, mustard, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the sauce; Combine remaining sauce (a generous 3/4 cup) with the rice-spinach mixture; Stir until well-coated.
- Place salmon, skin side up, on a cutting board; Peel off skin and flip over; Remove any bones with tweezers.
- Slice salmon crosswise at an angle into 1/2 inch thick slices and fan slices over the rice mixture.
- Thin reserved sauce with 1/2 teaspoon water and drizzle over salmon slices.
- Top with remaining tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until casserole registers 150 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Let stand 5 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Yummo - saved to a WW cookbook. I ended up just using 1/2 the salmon and keeping everything else the same - came to 12 points plus for 1/2 of it made that way - so great recipe for WW - and tasty too! THANK YOU! So glad I came across it this morning, as all the ingredients were already on hand!