Recipe by chia
based on a recipe from family circle, this is easy , healthy, and quick to prepare.
Top Review by btelfer60
This was really good. I too sautéed the onion, garlic and then added the spinach. As I didn't have any white rice I used wild and it added a texture and flavor that enhanced the whole dish.
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cooked rice
- salt, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb salmon fillet, cut into 8 strips and skinned
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- put spinach, onion, garlic, butter and 3 tbsp water in micro, in a pie plate, cover w/plastic wrap and cook 3 minutes on high.
- heat oven to 350.
- grease a 1 1/2 quart au gratin dish with cooking spray.
- mix spinach with rice, salt, pepper.
- in a small bowl, mix sour cream, egg, mustard, 2 tbsp parmesan, salt, pepper.
- reserve 2 tbsp of sauce, and mix in the rest with the spinach and rice.
- transfer to au gratin dish.
- place salmon over spinach mixture, add sauce over salmon, sprinkle with cheese, bake for 25-30 minutes.
- let stand 5 minutes before serving.