Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
based on a recipe from family circle, this is easy , healthy, and quick to prepare.
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cooked rice
- salt, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb salmon fillet, cut into 8 strips and skinned
- cooking spray
- put spinach, onion, garlic, butter and 3 tbsp water in micro, in a pie plate, cover w/plastic wrap and cook 3 minutes on high.
- heat oven to 350.
- grease a 1 1/2 quart au gratin dish with cooking spray.
- mix spinach with rice, salt, pepper.
- in a small bowl, mix sour cream, egg, mustard, 2 tbsp parmesan, salt, pepper.
- reserve 2 tbsp of sauce, and mix in the rest with the spinach and rice.
- transfer to au gratin dish.
- place salmon over spinach mixture, add sauce over salmon, sprinkle with cheese, bake for 25-30 minutes.
- let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I halved this recipe with success. After reading the reviews I chose to saute the onion garlic and spinach stovetop rather than microwaving. I also used fat free sour cream, egg substitute and smart balance light instead of the butter. Even with my dietarty changes, this dish was so simple, and the result is a tasty one dish meal. Thank you Chia for sharing the recipe.
This was like a lot of casseroles - a lot of work, and ingredients, and very little taste. I'm not sure what was lacking, but even following the recipe to the letter, it just didn't do for us. Sorry.
I made this for my 1 year old twins and they absolutely loved it!....it was their first time eating salmon. :)....I did however omit the garlic onions and mustard...for now :)... I also used Kamut vegetable noodles (higher in iron) and mixed the salmon in the dish instead of placing on top....still turned out great...my husband wants me to make it for us!