Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Off The Shelf Cooking. I used one 14.5 oz. can of salmong, and I think it could have used just a tad more sour cream than 1/3 cup. Also, I used sour cream with chives rather than the dip; it saved on sodium content.
- 425.24 g packagerefrigerated unbaked pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 78.07 ml sour cream sour cream and chive dip (from the dairy section)
- 14.79 ml flour
- 2 (340.19 g) can salmon (skinless, boneless, drained and flaked)
- 118.29 ml chopped celery (1 stalk)
- 59.14 ml finely chopped bell pepper (red or green)
- Preheat oven to 375. Let piecrusts stand at room temperature for 15 minutes as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, mix sour cream dip and flour. Fold in salmon, celery and bell pepper.
- Unroll crusts. Spread half of the salmon mixture onto one half of each piecrust, spreading to within 1 inch of the edges. Moisten edges with water. Carefully lift and fold them in half over filling; turn edges under. Seal edges with the tines of a fork. (Personally, I like to crimp but to each their own.) Cut slits in tops of them to allow steam to escape. Brush with milk and put them on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until golden. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from sheet.
These were very good! I used regular sour cream, and added fresh chives , a bit of dill and salt and pepper to it. I also used fresh salmon and the red pepper. They went very well with the smorgasbord we had today! Thanks for posting Debbie. Made for ZWT 6