Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great low carb recipe. 4 Green onions can be substituted for the Leek
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can red salmon
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- black pepper
- Saute leek, celery and garlic in butter.
- Add chicken broth, cheese, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once the cheese is melted, lower heat so that soup is no loner boiling.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
I can't rate this soup highly enough, it's easy and delicious. You would never know it was canned salmon and it tastes like you've made a HUGE effort. I didn't change a thing and I'll definitely be making this one again.
This is the best Salmon soup I have ever tasted. It is low carb and simple to make too.