Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a family favorite taken from my mother's personal handwritten cook book that she began writing around 1915, while still a high school student. More flavorful and less egg than most salmon souffle recipes. Enjoy!!!
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon (red or pink)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 onion, diced
- celery salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon vinegar
- stir flour into melted butter forming a roux.
- add milk, bread crumbs, onion, egg yolk, lemonjuice[ vinegar], celery salt and paprika.
- add cleaned and de-boned salmon.
- add beaten egg white.
- pour into buttered 1 quart dish.
- bake in 350F oven, 45 minutes.