This is a light yet impressive dish to serve to guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 F or 190 degrees C.
- 2Spread the sliced cucumber in a basin, sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of salt, transfer to a colander and leave to drain.
- 3Flake the fish into bite-sized pieces.
- 4Make a white sauce by melting 50g butter in a small pan.
- 5Stir in the flour and then gradually mix in the milk.
- 6Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until you have a smooth and very thick sauce.
- 7Remove from the heat.
- 8Separate the eggs, leaving the whites in a mixing bowl.
- 9Add the yolks to the sauce.
- 10Gently fold in the fish and season with black pepper and salt.
- 11You won't need much salt if you're using smoked salmon.
- 12Grease a 1.
- 135 litre soufflé dish with the knob of butter.
- 14Add the Parmesan and, holding the dish in your hands, rotate it gently so the cheese clings equally to the sides and base.
- 15Whisk the egg whites until firm.
- 16Stir in one tablespoonful of the whites into sauce to slacken the texture, then mix in the rest with sweeping movements, so the air remains trapped in the egg whites.
- 17Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- 18By then, the soufflé should have risen and be golden on the top but still wobbly in the centre.
- 19While the soufflé is cooking, finish the cucumber relish by squeezing the cucumber with your hands, then wrap it in a clean tea towel and wring dry.
- 20Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar, fold in the cucumber and dill, then transfer the mixture to a bowl and chill in the fridge.
- 21Serve the soufflé immediately, making sure everyone gets a taste of the crusty sides and bottom, as well as some relish on the side.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 700.2
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 474.7 mg
- Sodium 474.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 49.6 g