Recipe by Amber.S
A luxurious fish pie with eggs and spinach, topped with crispy potatoes. You can use other types of fish, but I think salmon and smoked mackerel works well.
- 350 g spinach leaves
- 900 g tiny new potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 200 g smoked mackerel, flaked and bones removed
- 150 g salmon fillets, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 220ºC (Fan 200ºC).
- Put the spinach into a colander and pour over a kettle of boiling water, slowly to make it wilt.
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with more boiling water, bring to the boil and cook until tender (roughly 10 mins). Drain.
- Once the spinach has cooled, squeeze out excess water, and line the base of a oven-proof pie dish.
- Push the spinach down in 4 evenly spaced places to create slight dips, and crack the eggs into these dips.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Even cover with the mackerel and salmon.
- Spread over the creme fraiche with a knife and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Add 1tbsp of oil to the drained potatoes and roughly mash them.
- Spoon the crushed potatoes over the creme fraiche and drizzle over the remaining oil.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins, you want the potatoes to turn crispy and golden and the sauce to bubble at the sides of the dish.
- Leave to stand for about 4 mins and then serve.