Recipe by strawberrybird
In search of another way to use canned salmon, I thought why not subsitute salmon for ground beef in sloppy joes. The result is interesting and worth a try at least once.
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onion and bell pepper over medium heat until onion is soft.
- In a bowl, mix together ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper if using.
- Add salmon and sauce mixture to skillet. Stir together.
- Stir occasionally over medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Serve on hamburger buns.