Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my own creation. We had an extra guest for dinner and needed to expand the salmon out a bit, so I decided to utilize the few shrimp we had left in the freezer. Also just happened to have some colorful veggies in the fridge, so I tossed those in for some color. This turned out really good.
- 1 lb salmon fillet, steamed, chilled and flaked
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, boiled, shelled, deveined and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 -2 egg
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into desired sized croquettes.
- Roll and cover with cracker crumbs (I used crushed club crackers).
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 400°F for approx 45 minutes, depending on how big they are.
- Note: This being the first time I ever made Salmon Croquettes and although this turned really good, I think using corn flakes for the coating would be good too. I served Papergoddess's Recipe #100387 with.
- Also. The prep time is an estimate. It includes the cooking time for the salmon fillets and shrimp along with putting it all together. You can save time by using canned salmon and pre-cooked shrimp. Fresh is always best though.