Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my own creation. We had an extra guest for dinner and needed to expand the salmon out a bit, so I decided to utilize the few shrimp we had left in the freezer. Also just happened to have some colorful veggies in the fridge, so I tossed those in for some color. This turned out really good.
- Steam salmon filet. Chill and flake apart.
- Peel, devein shrimp. Slice them in half length wise, the cut into third to make nice little chunks.
- Finely chop bell pepper and scallion.
- Mix these and remaining ingredients together (use only 1/2 cup cracker crumbs. Setting aside the remaining crumbs to roll croquettes in).
- Form into desired sized croquettes.
- Roll and cover with cracker crumbs (I used crushed club crackers).
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 400°F for approx 45 min, depending on how big they are.
- Note: This being the first time I ever made Salmon Croquettes and although this turned really good, I think using corn flakes for the coating would be good too. I served Papergoddess's Cilantro Mayonnaise with.
- Also. The prep time is an estimate. It includes the cooking time for the salmon fillets and shrimp along with putting it all together. You can save time by using canned salmon and pre-cooked shrimp. Fresh is always best though.