Recipe by DailyInspiration
This recipe calls for salmon cut into coin-size scallops which are quick-fried and then coated in a low-fat cream sauce. Recipe is from B H & G Fresh & Simple. Cook time does not include time for cooking pasta.
Top Review by Sharon123
I really enjoyed this dish!I did make a few changes, using spiral pasta,soy milk, and basil cream cheese. I didn't have zuchhini, so used red bell peppers, onions, and peas(and had to use dried tarragon). Loved the sauce and it was so good with the salmon. Thanks!
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated fettuccine
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces fresh salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, snipped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, add zucchini to pasta the last 1 minute of cooking. Drain and keep warm. Meanwhile, skin fish, if necessary. Rinse fish; pat dry. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large nonstick skillet cook and stir fish in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3 - 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from skillet. Add milk, cream cheese, tarragon and pepper to skillet. Cook and whisk until cream cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Return salmon to skillet. Cook and stir gently until heated through. Serve over fettuccine and zucchini.