Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simply yummm. If anyone came up with a low fat version of this I would be really happy! I have started keeping a bag of broccoli florets in the fridge as use them in so many things. So handy and it pretty much eliminates prep time here.
- 2 2⁄3 cups penne (8 ounces)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small bell pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 10 ounces jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces lox-style smoked salmon, flaked
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions except add broccoli the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan cook and stir sweet pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in alfredo sauce, milk, and black pepper; heat through. Gently stir in salmon and dill; heat through. Serve sauce over hot pasta.
I made this with Boomette's recipe #431913 and it turned out marvelous. This is an easy and tasty, restauraunt quality dish. Thanks for sharing your lovely recipe.
Very tasty! The whole family loved it. Will be making this again. Easy!