Recipe by Annacia
Simply yummm. If anyone came up with a low fat version of this I would be really happy! I have started keeping a bag of broccoli florets in the fridge as use them in so many things. So handy and it pretty much eliminates prep time here.
- 2 2⁄3 cups penne (8 ounces)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small bell pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 10 ounces jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces lox-style smoked salmon, flaked
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions except add broccoli the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan cook and stir sweet pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in alfredo sauce, milk, and black pepper; heat through. Gently stir in salmon and dill; heat through. Serve sauce over hot pasta.