1/2 Photos of Salmon Sammies W/ Asain Slaw
1 hr 5 mins
the mix'n vix'n's Note:
These are great for picnics!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (4 ounce) salmon fillets, boned and skin removed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 French rolls, split long ways (but do not cut all the way through)
- sriracha sauce
- coarse sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 large carrot, grated in long strips
- 1 large English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup green onion, julienned
- 1 bunch cilantro, several sprigs for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and soy sauce. Add the salmon and turn to coat.
- 3Grease a 9 x 13-in glass baking dish with oil. Arrange the salmon in the dish, drizzle with the remaining marinade and roast until cooked through. about 15-20 minute Remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minute.
- 4Spread inside of rolls on both sides with chili sauce and mayo to taste. Sprinkle with cracked pepper and sea salt. Place a piece of salmon on the bottom half of each roll and squeeze with a bit of lime.
- 5In a small saucepan add 2 tablespoons olive oil, ginger and garlic, lightly saute until lightly brown. Add brown sugar and soy sauce. Saute for 5 minutes and remove from heat. When cool whisk in olive oil, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar.
- 6Mix all vegetables in a bowl and toss with dressing.
- 7Top each piece of salmon with a heaping pile of slaw and garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Sammies W/ Asain Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.4
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 1493.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar