Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are great for picnics!
Make and share this Salmon Sammies W/ Asain Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 6 (4 ounce) salmon fillets, boned and skin removed
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 French rolls, split long ways (but do not cut all the way through)
- sriracha sauce
- coarse sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 large carrot, grated in long strips
- 1 large English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, julienned
- 1 bunch cilantro, several sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and soy sauce. Add the salmon and turn to coat.
- Grease a 9 x 13-in glass baking dish with oil. Arrange the salmon in the dish, drizzle with the remaining marinade and roast until cooked through. about 15-20 minute Remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minute.
- Spread inside of rolls on both sides with chili sauce and mayo to taste. Sprinkle with cracked pepper and sea salt. Place a piece of salmon on the bottom half of each roll and squeeze with a bit of lime.
- In a small saucepan add 2 tablespoons olive oil, ginger and garlic, lightly saute until lightly brown. Add brown sugar and soy sauce. Saute for 5 minutes and remove from heat. When cool whisk in olive oil, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar.
- Mix all vegetables in a bowl and toss with dressing.
- Top each piece of salmon with a heaping pile of slaw and garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro.
Delicious! These sandwiches are packed with flavor. The salmon marinade is wonderful and very tasty. It pairs really well with the mayo/sirracha mixture. I chose to toast our buns before spreading on the mayo mixture. The slaw is fantastic and was great on the salmon sandwiches. If you are short on time, though, the sandwiches would still be excellent if you skipped the slaw. I made the slaw in the morning so it was ready to go at dinner time. It took me more time to prep than the time listed. I know I will be making these delicious sandwiches again. Thank you for posting such a quality recipe! Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.