Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recently had this salad at a great Portland, OR restaurant. After finding a wonderful sweet balsamic vinaigrette recipe, by Zaar's Chef Fordido,#229445 I proceeded to prepare this salad twice this week.
- 1 cup sweet balsamic vinaigrette (Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette)
For the Salmon
- 2 medium salmon fillets
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
For the Salad
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, cubed
- Prepare the vinaigrette according to recipe #229445 by Chef Fordido.
- Pour wine into medium sized frying pan, add the Old Bay seasoning, then gently place the salmon into the pan. Turning burner to high, poach the salmon for about 4 minutes, turning the heat to medium, as the cooking action becomes vigorous. Gently turn salmon over to poach for another 4 minutes. Do not over cook, lest the salmon becomes dry in flavor, rather then moist.
- Meanwhile put all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette, mix throughly and allow flavors to mingle before plating the salad.
- Place the salad on a plate, top with the poached salmon fillet. The salmon may be served warm, room temperature or cold. Enjoy!