Source: Better Homes and Gardens Prep time is 1 hour soaking time and 20 minutes for the prep.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups wood chips (alder or hickory)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless boneless salmon fillets, 3/4 to 1 inch thick (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mesclun or 8 ounces torn mixed salad greens
- 1At least 1 hour before smoking, soak wood chips in enough water to cover.
- 2Drain before using.
- 3For vinaigrette, in a food processor bowl or blender container combine shallots, rice vinegar, lime juice, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 4With machine running, slowly add oil.
- 5Add chives; process or blend with one or two on-off pulses just to mix.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Thaw fish, if frozen.
- 8Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- 9Sprinkle fish with dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper.
- 10Cut several slits in a piece of heavy foil large enough to hold fish.
- 11Grease foil; place fish on foil, tucking under any thin edges.
- 12Preheat gas grill.
- 13Adjust for indirect cooking over medium heat.
- 14Add soaked wood chips according to manufacturers directions.
- 15Or wrap in foil and add to grill.
- 16Cover and heat about 10 minutes or until chips begin to smoke.
- 17Place foil with fish on grill rack over unlit burner.
- 18Cover and smoke until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 19(Allow 15 to 18 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish.) Stir vinaigrette.
- 20In a large bowl pour half of the vinaigrette over mesclun; toss to coat.
- 21Divide mesclun among 4 dinner plates.
- 22Cut fish into 4 serving-size pieces and arrange on top of mesclun.
- 23If desired, pass the remaining vinaigrette.
- 24To store any leftover vinaigrette, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Salad with Chive Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.3
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 88.3 mg
- Sodium 697.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: