Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthier alternative to traditional mayo-based salmon salad. This is from a chef friend of mine...
- 1 salmon fillet, poached (you can cheat and use canned salmon, but make sure its good!)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped finely
- Combine everything in a small bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into a pita with some lettuce or spinach, onto whole grain bread, or into a wrap.
This recipe made great use of my lonely leftover salmon fillet. I broke it apart, tossed it with the tomato (a whole small Roma), onion, and also a few capers (just sounded good), then whisked the olive oil and mustard together and drizzled it over. This was wonderful in a wrap, and I did enjoy the addition of the capers. Thanks for sharing your friend's recipe!
This made a very satisfying lunch between slices of whole grain bread. The salmon was canned Alaskan pink salmon. I did use a whole small homegrown tomato and the onions were sliced scallions. Following GaylaJ, I added a few capers to the mix and possibly next time around may try a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Something I will make again for a lunch on the go.
Good! I used canned salmon. I imagine grilled would have been terrific.