Love pita fillings for lunchbox, this is a good one! from Canadian Living mag.
Make and share this Salmon Salad Pita Pockets recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) cans salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 pita breads
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 (3 inch) English cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout (optional)
- In bowl, stir together, salmon, mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, lemon juice and pepper Cut each pita in half and open to form pocket, line with 1 lettuce leaf and stuff with in a quarter of the salmon mixture, cucumber and sprouts, if using.
I don't like salmon, so I used canned crab meat. Very nice taste.
This was really yummy!! I had to add an extra tbsp og mayo, but other than that, I didnt change a thing!! Thanks, I'll make this often
This was a very good recipe, had it for lunch today. It was quite easy and quick to make. I did have to increase the lemon juce, dill, and a tbsp. of mayo in the salad, as well as add a bit of salt and white pepper, because it had seemed a bit dry and less flavorful than I wanted and the fishiness was coming through a bit strong. But the additions did a lot for it and it tasted very good after that. I liked how the cucumber and lettuce tasted with the salad in the pita- it was very cooling- I think this would be a great lunch idea for hot summer days with a nice cold drink and some fresh fruit to boot. Good recipe! :)