Love pita fillings for lunchbox, this is a good one! from Canadian Living mag.
Make and share this Salmon Salad Pita Pockets recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) cans salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 pita breads
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 (3 inch) English cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout (optional)
- In bowl, stir together, salmon, mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, lemon juice and pepper Cut each pita in half and open to form pocket, line with 1 lettuce leaf and stuff with in a quarter of the salmon mixture, cucumber and sprouts, if using.