Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another one of my mom's recipes that is truly wonderful.
Make and share this Salmon Salad on the Half Shell recipe from Food.com.
- Halve, pit and peel avocados.
- Arrange on lettuce-lined chilled plates.
- Drain salmon and separate into chunks.
- Toss salmon lightly with green onion and celery.
- Fill avocados with salmon mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid.
- Cover and shake vigorously.
- Drizzle over salmon mixture.
- Serve immediately.
We liked it and will probably make again. I felt like the flavors needed to blend for a longer period of time. Next time I'll make the salmon mixture and the dressing in advance and let meld overnight.
Delicious! I used thawed frozen salmon that I had cooked previously and froze, my DH loved this for lunch with fresh homemade rolls, thanks Nims!...Kitten:)
Enjoyed these for a delicious Saturday lunch with friends. I made them exactly to the recipe, except for leaving the avocados - which were Australian not Californian! - in their shells (simply because that's what I'm used to doing, and it's easier!) and breaking up the salmon (I used red salmon) before mixing it with the celery and green onion. The dressing was the perfect complement to the avocado and salmon. Thanks! Great recipe!