Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A light salmon salad similar in taste to ceviche, but made with steamed salmon.
- 1 lb salmon (skinless)
- 1 medium vidalia onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 limes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Put salmon in steamer and remove when cooked.
- While the salmon is cooking, thinly slice the onion and bell pepper and place on a large glass container or bowl. Add the chopped cilantro and minced garlic.
- Place salmon over the cut vegetables.
- Squeeze limes over salmon. Add salt and spices. Mix well with a large fork while shredding the salmon.
- Cover and let rest in fridge for a minimum of 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Suggestion: Serve over a bed of jasmine rice and drizzle about a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.