Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Wonderful in a sandwich, as an appetiser (served with crackers/cocktail bread), or just eaten as a salad. It's an original recipe I've been making for years. Prep time is estimated. The egg was already hardboiled :) Cook time is fridge time. Yield is @ 4 hardy sandwiches, @ 40 appetisers or @ 3 good sized salads
- 2 (6 ounce) cans salmon
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 slice medium sized onion, chopped (1/4" thick)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup hellmann mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Drain salmon, mix with celery, onion, and egg.
- Mix in the Mayo and sour cream.
- Mix in the Liquid Smoke.
- Mix in the lemon juice.
- Add Salt& Pepper (to taste).
- NOTE: You may want to add more mayo and sour cream- depending on your taste.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
This was WAY better then tuna salad! I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but it tasted great! My aunt and uncle bring back fresh canned salmon that they catch every year, which is what I used for this. I have a new lunch staple!
Great salad. Used red onion instead with terrific results (if you do this, just rinse with water to remove some of the bite). Made a sandwich for my best friend. Her comment? "Best sandwich ever!"
My husband loved this..I had a can of salmon that has been sitting on the shelf so I made this minus the celery (did not have any). He wants me to make it again..thanks!