Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good picnic salad.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 2 cups cooked salmon, flaked
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion, white and green parts
- 1⁄4 cup diced sweet gherkin
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, to desired moistness
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse w/ cold water until cooled. Drain again.
- Place cooled drain macaroni in a large mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to evenly mix.
- Chill about 2 hours before serving.
I scaled this back for 3 but didn't quite have a full cup of cherry tomatoes on the vines so made up with some smaller red heirlooms cut into eighths and I used a 210gram can of red salmon drained and small penne pasta and the DM, DS and I enjoyed the pasta for lunch. Thank you *Parsley*, made for Went to Market.
I made this recipe exactly as written (that's a first) and it turned out great. I used two leftover salmon fillets and salad macaroni. I think that next time I will add some thawed green peas and try dill pickles instead of sweet. The recipe doesn't need changing, however, as it is good just the way it is. Thank you Parsley!
Great easy recipe which lead me to try a few new versions. Second time I made it I used smoked salmon. I left out the pickles but added some dry ranch dressing to the mayonnaise and a few olives. Even better the next day.