An interesting sixteenth-century recipe: griddled salmon steaks in a sweet-sour spiced onion sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the white wine, cinnamon and onion in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer briskly until reduced by one third.
- 2Add the vinegar and ginger, and simmer for a few minutes more until slightly syrupy.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat a stovetop griddle pan. Brush the salmon with oil.
- 4Place the salmon on the griddle and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- 5Place the salmon on warmed serving plates and spoon the syrup over the top.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Roste in Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.9
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 108.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar