Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An interesting sixteenth-century recipe: griddled salmon steaks in a sweet-sour spiced onion sauce.
Make and share this Salmon Roste in Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Put the white wine, cinnamon and onion in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer briskly until reduced by one third.
- Add the vinegar and ginger, and simmer for a few minutes more until slightly syrupy.
- Meanwhile, preheat a stovetop griddle pan. Brush the salmon with oil.
- Place the salmon on the griddle and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Place the salmon on warmed serving plates and spoon the syrup over the top.