Recipe by *Ollin*
I saw this wonderful and easy to make recipe on a TV commercial for a garlic creamy sauce, but I replaced that sauce for Philadelphia cream cheese with herbs and turned awesome. Soft, and delicate flavors mixed together. I hope you like it as much as we have :)
Top Review by Peter J
Very yummy Ollin! The only problem I had was the smoked salmon I was using was a thin slice from a large fish cut with the grain in the wrong direction for easy rolling, but I think I got it looking half decent and it certainly tasted fabulous. I used some Tasmanian cold smoked Atlantic salmon that already had some pepper and herbs added so I didn't bother with that step. The left-over sauce was great over a salad.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese with garlic and herbs (200 grams)
- 100 g spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 8 -10 slices salmon, fresh or smoked (thin slices)
- 170 ml evaporated milk
- 25 g butter
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- pepper (black or white)
- salt (only if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, put the spinach with 3 tablespoons of cream cheese.
- Put pepper to each salmon slice and put some of the spinach-cream cheese mixture over each and roll them carefully and use a toothpick to secure each roll.
- Mix the rest of the cream cheese with the evaporated milk, so it becomes a smooth sauce.
- If you are using fresh salmon, then melt the butter in a frying pan and put the rolls so they can bake a little bit and add the cream cheese-milk mixture to the pan and at low fire and let them cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning them around as well, but carefully, until they're cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- If you prefer to use smoked salmon, then the butter is not necessary, just pour the cream chesse-milk mixture directly to the pan and add the rolls, and you let it boil softly until the sauce thickens.
- In both cases, you can add the lemon juice to give a twist to the sauce, but is not necessary and if there was any left over of the spinach-cream cheese mixture, can be added to the sauce and mix carefully on the pan.
- 2 or 3 rolls per person.
- Can be served with Pasta, bread or potatoes with broccoli.