Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and simple recipe that was created out of my need to do something different with a skin on salmon fillet. (I was also itching to try out my new oven safe pans!) I really love the flavor of slightly burnt almonds!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (6 ounce) skin on salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter in an oven safe saucepan on medium low heat.
- When the butter foam subsides, add the almonds and cook, stirring, just until the almonds start to brown.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and place in the pan flesh side down.
- Spoon almonds over the top of the fillet and place in the oven.
- Roast for 10 minutes total, turning after 5 minutes and again spooning butter and almonds over top.