Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another delicious-sounding recipe from the seafood cookbook, "Simply Shrimp, Salmon, and (fish) Steaks".
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs center-cut salmon fillets, skinned and cut crosswise in 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a cutting board, with a fork, mass the garlic into a paste with the salt and pepper. Add the butter and mash into garlic paste.
- Arrange the salmon in a single layer in a baking dish. Top it with the garlic butter and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
This was very good! I was looking for a garlic butter recipe for salmon and I came across this one. It turned out delicious!
This reminds me of dinners I used to make in residence at university! Except then, I would wrap the salmon in foil and wouldn't use fresh lemon juice (rather I would just put lemon slices on top of the salmon). I tried this version and it was just as tasty. I found that my fish required an extra 5-10 minutes in the oven. Yum!