Recipe by WonderMima
A smooth salmon stew with some roasted garlic and veggie additions. Delish!
Top Review by GardenKat
This turned out pretty well. I chopped the onion instead of slicing it. I suggest dicing the zucchini, rather than slicing to make it cook faster and also easier to puree with a hand mixer. I didn't have any creole seasoning so I used Old Bay. And I didn't know what chicken or fish base was so I used some Veggie bouillon paste. That worked pretty well. I also used 1/2 half and half and 1/2 skim milk. Tasted just fine. Oh, and I loved the tarragon! Really aromatic and made the kitchen smell good as everything cooked. And it tasted great. We'll make this again for sure -- and will continue to tweak it till it's perfect for us. Thanks so much for sharing!
- 8 ounces salmon fillets, cooked and flaked into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chicken base or 2 teaspoons fish base
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning or 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 cup cream (if you want to cut some fat) or 1 cup half-and-half (if you want to cut some fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté sliced onion, quartered romas and sliced zucchini in olive oil until the tomatoes begin to breakdown.
- Add water, base, wine, seasonings and garlic and cook until veggies are tender.
- Puree vegetable mixture with a hand blender or in a food processor.
- Return to stove and add salmon (make sure there are no bones).
- Mixture will be thick, add cream and heat through, but do not boil.
- Serve and enjoy!