Recipe by alligirl
From my friend Sarah, in New Zealand. Posted for ZWT 5.
Top Review by Starrynews
These were delicious and very easy to prepare. My can of salmon was 6 oz, so I adjusted the rest of the ingredients accordingly, and used leftover mashed potatoes. It was flavorful, with a lovely golden crunchy outside and a creamy inside. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
- 8 ounces salmon
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- oil, for shallow frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and flake salmon, reserving liquid.
- Combine salmon, reserved liquid, potato and onion.
- Sift flour and baking powder together into salmon mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add parsley. Mix well to combine.
- Divide mixture into 8 even sized portions. Shape into rounds.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add rissoles and cook until golden on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper.