Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From my friend Sarah, in New Zealand. Posted for ZWT 5.
Make and share this Salmon Rissoles recipe from Food.com.
- Drain and flake salmon, reserving liquid.
- Combine salmon, reserved liquid, potato and onion.
- Sift flour and baking powder together into salmon mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add parsley. Mix well to combine.
- Divide mixture into 8 even sized portions. Shape into rounds.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add rissoles and cook until golden on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
These were delicious and very easy to prepare. My can of salmon was 6 oz, so I adjusted the rest of the ingredients accordingly, and used leftover mashed potatoes. It was flavorful, with a lovely golden crunchy outside and a creamy inside. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
I used a small can of salmon and made 4 fish cakes. I added a bit of Old Bay and it worked fine. We liked the taste and thought the texture was fine. I served them with hollandaise sauce and lemon wedges. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8.
Sorry this did not work for us real well. Very easy to put together, I used a 415 (14 ounces) gram can of red salmon so up other ingredients for 12 ounces though only used a 1/4 cup parsley as that was all I had and for dietary reasons used spring onions (mainly greeen for the onion). The biggest problem we had was a raw flour taste it did not cook out in cooking the rissoles. I made 8 rissoles with mix (big enough to put on a burger) but served with chips/fries and steamed vegetables. I will be trying again but maybe using dried bread crumbs as the binder instead of the flour or maybe a mix of both. Thank you alligirl, made for Everyday A Holiday.