Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A different version of salmon rillettes served warm with a sliced crusty French baguette. (I have not made this yet, will update when I do.)
- 3 ounces fresh boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in small pieces, butter must be room temperature to mix properly
- 8 ounces french brie cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sliced smoked salmon, chopped in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped finely
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a fry pan heat the olive oil.
- Season salmon fillet with salt and pepper, put into pan and cook until lightly browned on one side, about 5 minutes. Then repeat and when done, remove from pan and set aside, do not overcook the salmon.
- In a bowl mix together the butter, egg, lemon zest and green onions
- Add the salmon, smoked salmon and brie, stir gently to combine mixture
- Place mixture in small casserole and bake at 375 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes
- Remove from oven, stir mixture a few times, then place in serving dish and enjoy with slices of crusty baquette.
- This is good warm or cold, leftovers are great!