Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From old cook book; baked in oven.
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Mix together salmon and liquid, uncooked rice, grated carrot, egg, onion, salt and pepper, chives and curry powder if you want.
- Form into 6 balls.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup and water together; cover the balls.
- Cover with foil paper.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Recipe says serves 6 but I'm guessing serves 3.
I made more than 6 balls. I had probably 12 balls. So for us it's more than 6 servings. We ate 2 balls each per serving with rice and veggies. That's plenty. The taste is very good. I omitted the chives cause I didn't have. Thanks Dienia :) Made for PRMR tag game
I followed the recipe the best I could. I only had 2 6 oz. cans of salmon so I kind of cut the recipe to fit. We liked it very much. Thank you for posting it. 8)