Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good way to use leftover rice AND get your Omega-3s. This is a good way to use leftover white rice from Chinese take-out. This a great recipe to improvise with different filling ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- For Crust: Combine rice, cheese, egg and onion.
- Press into a buttered 9-inch pie plate.
- For Filling: Drain salmon, reserving liquid.
- Break salmon into large chunks and distribute over bottom of rice crust.
- Sprinkle broccoli over salmon.
- Add enough milk to reserved salmon liquid to equal 2/3 cup.
- Combine with eggs, dill, salt and pepper.
- Pour milk mixture carefully over salmon and broccoli.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
I followed the recipe exactly. We did not enjoy this at all. Very bland.
This was very tasty and we really enjoyed the rice crust. I love that it is a healthy and easy dish to prepare. After pressing the rice into the pie plate, I was concerned that there wasn't enough room for the remaining ingredients. My worry was needless as the balance of ingredients is perfect. Instead of canned salmon, I used about 11 oz of leftover salmon, 1 cup of broccoli, and 2/3 cup milk. It took about an hour for it to cook. Thanks for sharing.
this was okay, Thanks fr sharing