Recipe by ClareVH
A good way to use leftover rice AND get your Omega-3s. This is a good way to use leftover white rice from Chinese take-out. This a great recipe to improvise with different filling ingredients.
- 354.88 ml cooked rice
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 29.58 ml chopped onions
- 219.70 g can salmon
- 158.51 ml finely chopped broccoli
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1.23 ml dill weed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- For Crust: Combine rice, cheese, egg and onion.
- Press into a buttered 9-inch pie plate.
- For Filling: Drain salmon, reserving liquid.
- Break salmon into large chunks and distribute over bottom of rice crust.
- Sprinkle broccoli over salmon.
- Add enough milk to reserved salmon liquid to equal 2/3 cup.
- Combine with eggs, dill, salt and pepper.
- Pour milk mixture carefully over salmon and broccoli.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.