1/5 Photos of Salmon-Rice Pie
A good way to use leftover rice AND get your Omega-3s. This is a good way to use leftover white rice from Chinese take-out. This a great recipe to improvise with different filling ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- 2For Crust: Combine rice, cheese, egg and onion.
- 3Press into a buttered 9-inch pie plate.
- 4For Filling: Drain salmon, reserving liquid.
- 5Break salmon into large chunks and distribute over bottom of rice crust.
- 6Sprinkle broccoli over salmon.
- 7Add enough milk to reserved salmon liquid to equal 2/3 cup.
- 8Combine with eggs, dill, salt and pepper.
- 9Pour milk mixture carefully over salmon and broccoli.
- 10Bake at 350 deg F for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon-Rice Pie
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.3
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 129.6 mg
- Sodium 183.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 16.7 g