Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
This is from the Company's Coming Select Series Beans & Rice cookbook. I didn't have instant rice so I used the same amount of regular white rice, increased the chicken broth by 1 cup, and boiled the rice with the veggies. I think I probably should have used a little less rice (or another tin of mushroom soup!) because it was a little on the dry-ish and it filled my 3 qt casserole -- the recipe just calls for a 2 qt. I also substituted chopped red pepper for the carrots and added it with the broccoli. But all modification aside, it was still a very tasty casserole and definitely a do-over in THIS house -- especially when topped with a bit of melted cheddar!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml water
- 354.88 ml grated carrots
- 236.59 ml finely chopped onion
- 9.85 ml chicken bouillon powder
- 236.59 ml small broccoli floret
- 532.32 ml instant rice, uncooked
- 283.49 g condensed cream of mushroom soup (284 mL)
- 212.62 g canned pink salmon, drained and broken up (213 g)
- paprika, sprinkle (optional)
- 1Combine water, carrot, onion and bouillon powder in a large saucepan. cover and cook until onion is almost tender.
- 2Add broccoli. Cook for 4 minutes. Do not drain.
- 3Stir in rice. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4Add soup and salmon. Stir to mix well. Turn into greased 2 qt (2L) casserole dish.
- 5Sprinkle with paprika if desired (or shredded cheddar!). Cover and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Rice Bake
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 599.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 12.6 g