Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Company's Coming Select Series Beans & Rice cookbook. I didn't have instant rice so I used the same amount of regular white rice, increased the chicken broth by 1 cup, and boiled the rice with the veggies. I think I probably should have used a little less rice (or another tin of mushroom soup!) because it was a little on the dry-ish and it filled my 3 qt casserole -- the recipe just calls for a 2 qt. I also substituted chopped red pepper for the carrots and added it with the broccoli. But all modification aside, it was still a very tasty casserole and definitely a do-over in THIS house -- especially when topped with a bit of melted cheddar!!
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 cup small broccoli floret
- 2 1⁄4 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 10 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup (284 mL)
- 7 1⁄2 ounces canned pink salmon, drained and broken up (213 g)
- paprika, sprinkle (optional)
- Combine water, carrot, onion and bouillon powder in a large saucepan. cover and cook until onion is almost tender.
- Add broccoli. Cook for 4 minutes. Do not drain.
- Stir in rice. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add soup and salmon. Stir to mix well. Turn into greased 2 qt (2L) casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired (or shredded cheddar!). Cover and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Nice! Everyone enjoyed this. I did use mexican cheese mix added before baking. Tasty and easy.