Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from a great Washington friend years ago. We enjoyed it with them many, many times as did others. I think you'll find it wonderful too.
- Crust: Combine top three ingredients and press into a buttered 9 inch pie plate.
- Filling: Empty salmon with liquid in mixing bowl.
- Beat in cottage cheese and egg yolks; cream together.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, chives and lemon juice.
- Beat egg whites until stiff (not dry); fold into salmon mixture.
- Turn into prepared crumb crust.
- Bake at 350F for~40 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I don't want to rate this because it's possible that it's just not my kind of thing. It wasn't really a quiche per se, more like a salmon mousse pie. My husband liked it. I will say two things. The cornflakes were really heavy and oily. I would suggest either using less butter or just using a premade crust. The other thing is that I would recommend stirring the salmon in, not using the mixer as the recipe suggests. I did that and the filling all looked pink, which I didn't think was very appealing. I think if you stirred it in and it was in chunks it would be fine for color.
This not only looks wonderful it tastes wonderful too! I placed a piece of foil lightly on top half way through the baking time to prevent it from getting too brown I am not taking off a star but I did find that it needed a bit of pep - that is because I like spicy so I served it with Thai chili sauce and that made it perfect. A definite do again recipe. I had it for dinner with steamed green beans and new carrots - A lovely light meal
I didn't make the crust. I pored it into a ready made crust. And I didn't have any cottage cheese. I loved it. Quiche is so simple and quick. And if your watching you carbs it's good to.