This recipe came from a great Washington friend years ago. We enjoyed it with them many, many times as did others. I think you'll find it wonderful too.
- Crust: Combine top three ingredients and press into a buttered 9 inch pie plate.
- Filling: Empty salmon with liquid in mixing bowl.
- Beat in cottage cheese and egg yolks; cream together.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, chives and lemon juice.
- Beat egg whites until stiff (not dry); fold into salmon mixture.
- Turn into prepared crumb crust.
- Bake at 350F for~40 minutes.
- Serve hot.