Recipe by Jorja Jones
Throw this quiche together in a flash using canned salmon and a prepared piecrust. Instead of 1 teaspoon of salt, try 1 teaspoon of Emeril's fish rub.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic sauté 1 more minute, or until pale golden. Add salmon and stir until heated.
- Spoon into prepared piecrust and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, dill, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salmon and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.