Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
easy and tasty quesadillas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) canned salmon, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- In a skillet saute garlic in oil, stir in salmon, basil and pepper. Cook over medium heat until heated through then put in a bowl.
- spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas, buttered side down, on skillet.
- sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese. Spread 1/2 cup of salmon mixture over half of each tortilla. Fold over and cook on low for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- cut into wedges and serve.
I made these for dinner tonight and even my husband, who hates salmon, ate them and liked them! Thanks for a good recipe!
This was a good, basic recipe and a fabulous way to use canned salmon. They were a bit plain so next time I make them, I will add some veggies into the salmon mixture...maybe some red bell pepper, and onion. Maybe broccoli. And might season a bit diffrently. Came out fine as written however. I did find it took more slightly more butter than written to get a crispy crust. Thanks for sharing!