Recipe by Monica in PA
Love these! I'm always looking for recipes that call for canned salmon (an inexpensive way to get the nutrition from the fish) These puffs are fun to make and great tasting! This recipe was adapted from "At Home with Family & Friends" cookbook from Cornerstone Television.
Top Review by Mary K.
Yum, yum, yum. So much better than the salmon cakes I usually make. I will make these from now on. I did pan fry them in a little bit more oil than usual for sauteeing. Great recipe.
- 1 (14 ounce) candrained salmon
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil, for deep frying ",or",pan frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in deep fryer or in deep heavy saucepan until hot but not smoking.
- In a bowl, separate salmon with a fork.
- Add flour, egg, parsley, salt,lemon juice, and black pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add baking powder to 1/4 c. milk and with a fork beat until foamy
- Pour this mixture into salmon and mix until well blended.
- Using 2 teaspoons, scoop up mixture with one spoon and with the other spoon, slide mixture into the hot oil.
- The puffs will cook quickly and are done as soon as they are brown.
- Remove puffs from oil with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.