Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a different kind of meatless patty that is easy to make and quite tasty. It is cooked in the oven but I imagine it could be done on a BBQ as well.
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon, with liquid
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 large potato, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil (for frying)
- 8 buns
- Mix all ingredients together except oil.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Brown patties in skillet with 1 tbs oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- Serve on a bun or with a sauce of your choice. Onion is good.
These are great! They come out quite moist. Next time I will add more seasonings to "kick it up a little" as Emeril would say! THanks Tebo for the great recipe!!
Prepared as written, perfect! We just loved it. I froze individually the leftovers. Just thawed and baked in my toaster oven on stone for a quick weekend lunch. Thanks for another idea using canned salmon, the affordable fish.
This was very good, I like the "latke" likeness of this recipe. I was so eager to give this a try that I made it in the morning and had it for breakfast with a fried egg. it would be perfect for a brunch. I am also going to have one with a green salad and vinegarette for lunch. These are perfect for any meal.