Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Salmon Patties: Mother's classic recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon
- 2 medium sized white onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup very finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- 2 cups corn oil
- 16 ounces refrigerated diced potatoes (could also be shredded potatoes)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a saute pan, melt the butter and then add white onions and saute till translucent, then add in the green onions and celery. Saute till everything is simmered and softened.
- Beat the eggs in a small mixing bowl and set aside. In a larger mixing bowl pour in the chicken stock and add the onion powder, pepper, drained salmon and mix together using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until incorporated.
- Preheat an electric skillet with the corn oil to 350F, or medium heat.
- Back to the mix: add the cooked celery and onions to the salmon mixture and mix gently. Now add in salted diced/shredded potatoes. The very last ingredients added should be the flour/matzo meal and the eggs. At this point, the mixture should form clumps, which can be shaped into pancakes.
- Drop each pancake into the hot oil and fry for 15 min or until lightly golden. Drain on paper towels.