- 3 small red potatoes (8 ounces)
- 1 cup cooked flaked salmon
- 1 egg white
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning (more if you wish)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon canola oil
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- parsley (to garnish)
Mustard Tartar Sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt or 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve potatoes (leave skin on) and place in small saucepan with about 1/2 cup water, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain any remaining water.
- Mash potatoes with fork, leaving chunky texture.
- Combine in medium mixing bowl mashed potatoes, salmon, egg white, onion, parsley and seasoning mix.
- Heat oil in nonstick frypan over medium heat.
- Fill half cup measure with mixture.
- Turn mixture out into frypan and flatten slightly with spatula.
- Repeat for second cake.
- Cook until browned and flip to brown other side, about 7 minutes total.
- While cakes cook, mix all ingredients together for sauce.
- Serve cakes with lemon and parsley garnish, if desired.