Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Poached in lemon, champagne, olives, capers, and tarragon. The only fat in this is the healthy fat from the fish!
- Place salmon in a shallow pan large enough to hold in a single layer.
- Add champagne, lemon juice, zest and enough water to just cover fillets.
- Remove fish and bring poaching liquid to a boil.
- Lay fish skin sides down back in pan and top with onion slices, capers, olives, tarragon, salt and pepper. Reduce heat until liquid is at a very low simmer and poach 4 to 6 minutes, depending on thickness of the fish.
- Fish is done when flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove fish from liquid, along with onions, capers, olives, and tarragon.
- Drain well and serve immediately.
mmm good I really did enjoy this. Very light tasting Made for ZWT4 for the chic chefs
A nice way to cook salmon. I usually bake or grill - so poaching is new to me. This was a nice liquid to use - added subtle flavor to the fish. Thanks! ZWT 3