- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 cups champagne
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon sliced olive
- 4 (5 inch) fresh tarragon sprigs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salmon in a shallow pan large enough to hold in a single layer.
- Add champagne, lemon juice, zest and enough water to just cover fillets.
- Remove fish and bring poaching liquid to a boil.
- Lay fish skin sides down back in pan and top with onion slices, capers, olives, tarragon, salt and pepper. Reduce heat until liquid is at a very low simmer and poach 4 to 6 minutes, depending on thickness of the fish.
- Fish is done when flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove fish from liquid, along with onions, capers, olives, and tarragon.
- Drain well and serve immediately.