Recipe by DiabeticMom
I made up this recipe because my husband loves salmon, but me? not so much. This turned out fantastic though. I hope you like it. I used Chinese long beans, because they are less work, but regular green beans are good too. The 20 minutes cooking time includes the time it takes for the water to start boiling. YOU are only cooking for about 12 minutes.
- 1 lb salmon steak, or pieces cut into chunks
- 1 plantain, quartered and sliced
- 1⁄2 lb chinese long beans or 1⁄2 lb green beans, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 200 g instant stir fry noodles
- soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook stirfry noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stirfry the plantain, garlic and red pepper flakes in half the peanut oil.
- Once the plantain starts to soften, add the beans.
- Continue to cook covered, stirring often.
- When there is only about 2 minutes left for the noodles, add the salmon, and the rest of the oil if needed. (The plaintain should be soft and toasted looking. If it isn't, don't add the salmon until it is.).
- Keep stirring often until the salmon is cooked and broken into small pieces.
- Drain the noodles and mix them into the rest.
- Sprinkle with small amount of soy sauce.
- Serve right away.