Recipe by CountryLady
Think outside the box - the lunch box that is! Serve this for a quick, easy & nutritious dinner with leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. It can be plastic wrapped & refrigerated for 24 hours!
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head celery
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans salmon, drained
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 whole wheta Greek pita breads or 4 tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together 1 tbsp each of the dill& lemon juice, the olive oil and half each of the salt& pepper in a large bowl; set aside.
- Remove tougher outer stalks (keep for another use) of the celery to leave the 2 inch heart; trim the bottom& tops from the heart& keep the 5 inch base.
- Cut the stalk lengthwise into paper thin slices, then cut slices cross wise into thirds.
- Add celery pieces, radishes& onions to the oil mixture; toss to coat.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream& remaining dill, lemon juice, salt& pepper; Add salmon, flaking with a fork.
- Layer lettuce, celery mixture& salmon mixture in pitas (or in tortillas& roll up).