Recipe by conniecooks
I made this recipe up the other day. We found it to be very good. Even the leftovers didn't last 24 hours. It is really a meal in a dish.
Top Review by invictus
I loved this recipe and give it four stars but the rest of my family was not a fan and has asked me not to repeat. :( Not sure where it went wrong for them exactly. They like all of the ingredients individually but somehow they just weren't in love with it. I personally think it is a fabulous way to use up leftover salmon fillet and mashed potatoes which I often have in the fridge. Perhaps I will just have to make myself an individual portion in ramekins next time for lunch.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can sockeye salmon
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups well seasoned mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch spinach drain well. Place in the bottom of a Pyrex loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Season with nutmeg, salt & pepper.
- Sauté mushrooms till nice and golden. Season with thyme, salt & pepper. Place over spinach.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add flour and cook till flour loses its rawness.
- Stir in milk and cook and stir until thickened.
- Add salt & pepper, mustard, dried dill, lemon juice & Tabasco.
- Gently fold in salmon.
- Place over mushrooms.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350°F about 25 min or until potatoes are nice and golden.